“NAKED CITIES: NAKED MOSCOW” by Fedya Ili (Part One)

Naked Cities

What does gay life look like in Moscow, or Berlin, or Tel Aviv?
‘Naked Cities’ is a series of books. Local guys and couples tell their stories in series of interviews, posing undressed at iconic city locations – revealing the soul and beauty of their personal connection.

Photo-project started in 2015 with ‘Naked Petersburg’ book – the first city in this series of Souls. There are five cities discovered at the moment.

Part One NAKED MOSCOW

Zhenya (ig: evgtanned)

My current situation is very confusing. On one hand, I really need a change but on the other, I don’t know how to do it. I have no clear direction. I can already put a checkmark next to the important milestones – getting my own place, buying a car, getting a degree, finding a job – I am done with all of that. It is just a weird time for me.

…I would like to live somewhere by the beach. I do not like the climate here, among other things. I do not like Russian politics, nor do I admire the country’s current economic standing. That being said, I do not feel oppressed, at least not in Moscow (Iʼm not talking about Caucasus, where we get killed). Here, it is still tolerable. Of course, when people notice us, they begin to whisper and immediately make up stories. Even if
a political change was on the way, like a new president, I still don’t think that I would witness a paradigm shift. Not in my lifetime. The future does not look bright. That’s my personal view at the moment. But I can’t just move. I can’t quit and leave everything I’ve built behind.