Part Two NAKED MOSCOW
Kostya (ig: kostyakazenny)
Yes, I was a student at the Moscow State University.
Generally, this society is becoming more conservative or rather, more orthodox. The government can’t or doesn’t want to “deal” with the gay community. It won’t engage in dialogue and tries to create laws in order to shield itself from the concerns and dislike of the people. They (the government) are not worried about you having sex with the same gender or getting married to it. They worry only about potential alliances being formed that could pose a political threat to their rule. That is why public demonstrations are not an option – we can’t stand united. The present political power is trying to preserve itself by eliminating the competition, including protest groups as well as the gay community. The lack of community is a special feature of Russian culture, unless it is an artificially cultivated community. That’s why our society is so underdeveloped and that’s why any self-formed community is impossible in Russia.
…Want to make God laugh – tell him about your plans. On one hand I can’t be without a job. On the other I would like to live by the beach. That is why my plans are to have a job that can travel with me. I would like to buy a house in a village somewhere. But with how things are today, I keep on coming to the same conclusion that the house should be on the Lenin-Prospect (Moscow City).


